- Kirby's Cottage, back door An external view of the Kirby's farm cottage, a two bedroom residence suitable for up to 4 visitors
- Kirby's Cottage, front An external view of the Kirby's farm cottage, a two bedroom residence suitable for up to 4 visitors
- Bedroom 1 With two single beds
- Bedroom 1 window Both bedrooms in Kirby's enjoy a tranquil country view
- Bedroom 1 window alternate view
- Kitchen / Sitting room
Newly refurbished in 2008, this old stone cottage has the atmosphere and feel of an early Irish home, with an open fire in the kitchen/living room. Kirby’s has the advantage of higher ceilings and bigger than traditional windows to let in light and allow you to enjoy the view across pastures bordered with magnificent mature trees.
The name “Kirby’s” came about because the initials WK are to be seen carved in a stone at the back of the house. ( William Kirby came to Fruit Hill House as head gardener in the early 1900’s, and eventually, by a twist of fate, came to own the property; he reared 10 children here ).
The comfortable sleeping accommodation comprises one double room beside the shower room, and a bright and airy twin room at the far side of the kitchen. A cot and highchair can always be provided, and there are plenty of toys and DVDs to keep children occupied. Electric storage heaters and an open fire ensure that nowhere could be cosier at the end of a day’s touring the surrounding counties, Wexford, Waterford, Kilkenny and Carlow.
The Devane family has been welcoming visitors from all over the world to Fruit Hill since 2002, and Susan or Richard are always available if help or advice is needed. They can arrange for a reliable babysitter if required.
Washing machine and tumble dryer are housed in a separate laundry building.
An initial supply of fuel for the fires is provided in the welcome pack for each cottage.
- Sitting room/ Kitchen
- Double Bedroom (with queen size bed)
- Twin bedroom
- Shower room with WC
Utilities / Services
- Open fire (initial fuel provided)
- Washing machine
- Fridge / Freezer
- Cot and highchair
- Private parking for 2 cars
- Television (satellite) and DVD
- Wi-Fi available nearby
- Food shop within 2 km
- Pub within 2 km
- Sandy beach, angling, golf within 5-10km
- horse riding, forest park (within 5-10 km)